Summer is here, and as always, it’s bringing warmer weather, more free time and plenty of special occasions along with it. While these are all fun things in theory, there are some unique stresses one can have in summer, such as the need for new seasonal clothes, boredom due to less school or work and needing to find five different gifts for five different celebrations.
Whether you’re looking for an affordable new summer wardrobe, want to find a new pastime or just want to give the perfect gift, there’s a lot you can find at your local fabric store in Tuscaloosa, AL to help you achieve your summer goals, while keeping the season fun. Here’s a look at what our Tuscaloosa, AL fabric store has to offer our customers this summer.
- Buy seasonal prints: Summer presents a great opportunity to wear colors and prints that we might not be brave enough to try to pull off in our everyday lives. Whether you’re planning your beach getaway or just want to wear a new look here in Tuscaloosa, you’ll likely find tons of fun summer shades and designs when perusing your local fabric store. If you’re interested in buying summer prints from Sew Delightful, check out our online shop to see all your options.
- Develop a hobby: Depending on what your occupation is, you may find that summer offers a sudden swell of free time. You’ll probably spend some of that time relaxing and going on trips, but once late July rolls around, many people find themselves counting down the days until autumn starts. Rather than squander away your free time feeling bored, take the opportunity to learn a new skill and flex your creative muscles by taking a sewing or quilting class. Stop by Sew Delightful today to check out our summer class schedule.
- Control your summer look: Summer calls for lighter fabrics and shorter hemlines, but not everybody has the money or body type that allows them to just pop into any store at the mall and pick out a new wardrobe. Fabric stores present a fun and affordable solution to this problem. Just buy some fabric, brush up on your sewing technique and create your own summer collection.
- Make personalized gifts: This season brings a whole slew of special occasions with it, including weddings, graduations, anniversaries and baby showers. If you want to honor someone’s special day with a gift that will stand out from the rest, then handmade is the way to go. Quilts, clothing and stuffed animals all make for excellent gifts, and your local fabric store has everything you need to make them yourself.
- Transform old clothes: If you have jeans with holes in the knees, hand me downs that don’t quite fit right, and shirts with frayed sleeves, summer is the perfect opportunity to make them stylish and useful again. Transform your old spring or fall wardrobe into your new summer closet, with the help of your local fabric store.
Visit Sew Delightful today to discover even more great ways to spice up your summer!